The Program | Service
The CMMHP provides services that represent the rights and interests of people with a lived mental illness experience.
What does the service provide?
Individual advocacy that represents the rights and interests of people with a mental illness, on a one-to-one basis, by addressing instances of discrimination, abuse and neglect.
Funded By: Queensland Health
HOW MAY WE ASSIST YOU?
GETTING READY TO TALK TO TASC
When I call TASC what happens?
- You contact TASC
- Reception will complete a conflict of interest check. If a conflict exists, you will be referred to another service
- Reception will ask a series of questions about yourself and your matter, to complete the Intake process
- Your enquiry will be forwarded to an Advocate
- The Advocate will call you and discuss your matter
- Your matter may be resolved at this time. If your matter is complex the Advocate will make a one hour appointment with you at this time
- Appointments are usually held at TASC but can be made to suit individual needs i.e. in hospital
How to prepare for your first appointment.
- Think about what your concern is and what you want to see happen about it
- Bring any notes along that will be helpful for you
- Bring any relevant documentation with you to the appointment
- You are welcome to bring a support person with you to the appointment
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
- What can the CMMHP provide?
The CMMHP can provide individual advocacy on either a short-term or issue specific basis.
- Who should contact the CMMHP?
Anyone experiencing a service and persistent mental illness with complex needs or if you want to know more about your rights.
- What can the CMMHP do for you?
RELEVANT INFORMATION & LINKS
- What is an ITO (Involuntary Treatment Order)? http://www.qpilch.org.au/resources/factsheets/Involuntary_Treatment_Order_(ITO).htm
- ITO Review http://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/MHRT_ITO_Review.pdf
- What is a FO (Forensic Order)? http://www.health.qld.gov.au/forensicmentalhealth/community/docs/com_fs4.pdf
- Forensic Orders http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/84560/d-fs-mhc-forensic-orders.pdf
- The role of the Tribunal (MHRT) http://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/10505-A-Brief-Guide-091210.pdf
- Your Rights at a Mental Health Review Tribunal http://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/A-guide-to-the-rights-of-patients-attending-tribunal-hearing-101210.pdf
- Mental Health Review Tribunal – http://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/
- How to make the most of your Tribunal Hearing http://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/mhrt-an-interactive-experience/
- The Health Ombudsman http://www.oho.qld.gov.au/
- QCAT – Guardianship and Administration http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/guardianship-for-adults-matters http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/administration-for-adults-matters
- The Office of Public Guardian http://www.publicguardian.qld.gov.au/adult-guardian
- Public Trustee of Queensland http://www.pt.qld.gov.au/
- What is Advocacy? – http://qla.org.au/~qlaorg/PDFforms/Advocacy%20Info.pdf
- Office of Public Advocate – http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justice-services/guardianship/public-advocate
Registration to receive state funded services
- of Communities, Disability Services – http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/disability/disability-and-community-care
National Disability Insurance Scheme
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) – http://www.ndis.gov.au/
Guardianship and Administration
- QCAT – http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/guardianship-for-adults-matters
- Office of Public Guardian – http://www.publicguardian.qld.gov.au/
- Public Trustee – https://www.pt.qld.gov.au/
Appealing a Centrelink Decision?
- Basic Rights Queensland – http://www.brq.org.au/
Complaints and Disputes
- The Ombudsman – http://www.ombudsman.qld.gov.au/
- Energy and Water Ombudsman – http://www.ewoq.com.au/
- Telecommunications Ombudsman – http://www.tio.com.au/
- Office of the Health Ombudsman – http://www.oho.qld.gov.au/
- Financial Ombudsman – http://www.fos.org.au/homepage/
- Queensland Police Service – https://www.police.qld.gov.au/
- Residential Tenancy Authority – https://www.rta.qld.gov.au/
- Tenants Union Queensland – http://www.tuq.org.au/
- The Advocacy and Support Centre – http://www.tascnational.org.au/
- Legal Aid Queensland – http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx
- Queensland Law Society – http://www.qls.com.au/Home
- Carers QLD – http://carersqld.asn.au/
Other Advocacy Agencies/Services
- Queensland Advocacy Incorporated – http://www.qai.org.au/
- IRASI – http://www.irasi.com.au/IRASI/Ipswich_Regional_Advocacy_Service_Inc..html
- QADA – http://www.qada.org.au/
- MYAN QLD – http://www.myan.org.au/qld/
- Carers QLD – http://carersqld.asn.au/
- QLD Voice for Mental Health – http://qldvoice.org.au/
- MS Society – http://www.msqld.org.au/site/how-we-help-you/advocacy/qld-advocacy-services